Secondment to Holografika:
Suren Vagharshakyan received the MSc in mathematics from Yerevan State University (2008). He is a PhD student at the Department of Signal Processing at Tampere University of Technology since 2013. His research interests are in the area of light field capture and reconstruction.
Contribution to Prolight-IAPP:
Developing image based rendering algorithms for light-field displays (WP3).
- (in print) S. Vagharshakyan, R. Bregović, and A. Gotchev, “Light field reconstruction using shearlet transform,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 2017
- (in print) P. Kara, P. T. Kovacs, S. Vagharshakyan, M. G. Martini, S. Imre, A. Barsi, K. Lackner, and T. Balogh, ”Perceptual Quality of Reconstructed Medical Images on Projection-Based Light Field Displays,” eHealth 360°, pp. 476-483. Springer International Publishing, 2017
- P. A. Kara, P. T. Kovacs, S. Vagharshakyan, M.G. Martini, A. Barsi, T. Balogh, A. Chuchvara, A. Chehaibi, “The Effect of Light Field Reconstruction and Angular Resolution Reduction on the Quality of Experience”, 12th SITIS 3rd International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Services (QUAMUS), Naples, Italy. Nov. 2016
- E. Sahin, S. Vagharshakyan, J. Mäkinen, R. Bregovic and A. Gotchev, “Shearlet-domain light field reconstruction for holographic stereogram generation,” IEEE ICIP, Phoenix, AZ, USA, pp. 1479-1483, Oct. 2016
- S. Vagharshakyan, R. Bregović and A. Gotchev, “Tree-structured algorithm for efficient shearlet-domain light field reconstruction,” Proc. GSIP 2015: Symposium on Signal Processing on Graphics Processing Units and Multicores, Orland, Florida, pp. 478-482, Dec. 2015
- S. Vagharshakyan, R. Bregović and A. Gotchev, “Image based rendering technique via sparse representation in shearlet domain,” Proc. IEEE ICIP, Quebéc City, Canada, pp. 1379-1383, Sept. 2015
- S. Vagharshakyan, A. Durmush, O. Suominen, R. Bregovic, A. Gotchev, “Accuracy Evaluation of a Linear Positioning System for Light Field Capture“, 7th Asian Conf. on intelligent Information and Database Systems, Bali, Indonesia, March 2015