Secondment to TUT:
Kristóf Lackner received the MSc degree in electronic and computer engineering from the PPCU – Faculty of IT in 2010. In 2010 he worked as software engineer at Evoline Hungary Ltd. Since 2011 he works at Holografika LTD, Hungary, as software engineer.
He participated in several EU FP7 projects (DIOMEDES, MUSCADE, 3D VIVANT, SAFROS). He worked on software development tasks, project management tasks, and organization and execution of large scale exhibitions. He taught few programing courses at the university and wrote dozens of project reports.
His research interest include free viewpoint navigation in captured scenarios.
Contribution to Prolight-IAPP:
Deriving efficient rendering algorithm for light-field displays (WP3) and assisting ER5 with Quality-of-Experience (QoE) evaluations (WP4)
- (in print) P. Kara, P. T. Kovacs, S. Vagharshakyan, M. G. Martini, S. Imre, A. Barsi, K. Lackner, and T. Balogh, ”Perceptual Quality of Reconstructed Medical Images on Projection-Based Light Field Displays,” eHealth 360°, pp. 476-483. Springer International Publishing, 2017
- P. A. Kara, P. T. Kovács, M. Martini, A. Barsi, K. Lackner, T. Balogh, “Viva La Resolution: The Perceivable Differences between Image Resolutions for Light Field Displays”, in Proc. of 5th Workshop on Perceptual Quality, Berlin; Germany, Aug. 2016
- P. A. Kara, P. T. Kovács, M. Martini, A. Barsi, K. Lackner, T. Balogh, “From a Different Point of View – How the Field of View of Light Field Displays affects the Willingness to Pay and to Use”, in Proc. 8th Int. Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience, June 2016
- P. T. Kovács, A. Fekete, K. Lackner, V.K. Adhikarla, A. Zare, T. Balogh, “Big Buck Bunny light-field test sequences”, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 M36500, Warsaw, Poland, Jun. 2015
- P. T. Kovács, A. Fekete, K. Lackner, V. K. Adhikarla, A. Zare, T. Balogh, “Big Buck Bunny light-field test sequences”, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 M35721, Geneva, Switzerland, Feb. 2015
- P. T. Kovács, K. Lackner, A. Barsi, Á. Balázs, A. Boev, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Measurement of Perceived Spatial Resolution in 3D Light-field Displays”, ICIP 2014, Paris, France, Oct. 2014
- P. T. Kovács, K. Lackner, A. Barsi, V. K. Adhikarla, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Analysis and Optimization of Pixel Usage of Light-field Conversion from Multi-Camera Setups to 3D Light-field Displays”, ICIP 2014, Paris, France, Oct. 2014
- K. Lackner, A. Boev, and A. Gotchev, “Binocular depth perception: Does head parallax help people see better in depth?“, 3DTV-Con 2014, Budapest, Hungary, July 2014