Secondment to Holografika:
Robert Bregovic received the Dipl. Ing. and MSc degrees in electrical engineering from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, in 1994 and 1998, respectively, and the Dr. Sc. (Tech.) degree (with honors) in information technology from the Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland, in 2003.
From 1994 to 1998, he was an Assistant at the Department of Electronic Systems and Information Processing of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb. In 1999, he was a Visiting Researcher at the Tampere International Center for Signal Processing, Department of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology. From January 2000 to August 2003 he was a Researcher and since September 2003 he has been a Post-Doctoral Researcher at same Department. In 2005 (3 moths) and 2007 (3 months), he was a Visiting Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Dr. Bregović has written more than 40 international journal and conference articles. He participated in teaching of various courses in the area of digital signal processing (e.g. Linear Filtering, Multirate Signal Processing). He is the recipient of the 1997 young scientist award of Republic Croatia for his research and development work. He was the IEEE Finland Section treasurer in 2002-2003. He has been participating in the organization of the annual TICSP workshops since 2004, was a co-organizer of a special session at APCCAS 2006, and a special sessions co-chair at ISPA 2007. He is a member of the IEEE Signal Processing Society.
His research interests include the design and implementation of digital filters and filterbanks as well as topics related to acquisition, processing/modeling and visualization of 3D content.
Contribution to Prolight-IAPP:
Developing methods for efficient light field modeling and compression (WP2).
- (in print) P. T. Kovács, A. Zare, A. Barsi, T. Balogh, R. Bregović, and A. Gotchev, “Architectures and codecs for real-time light field streaming,” Journal of Imaging Science & Technology, 2017
- (in print) S. Vagharshakyan, R. Bregović, and A. Gotchev, “Light field reconstruction using shearlet transform,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 2017
- E. Sahin, S. Vagharshakyan, J. Mäkinen, R. Bregovic and A. Gotchev, “Shearlet-domain light field reconstruction for holographic stereogram generation,” IEEE ICIP, Phoenix, AZ, USA, pp. 1479-1483, Oct. 2016
- R. Bregović, P. T. Kovács, and A. Gotchev, “Optimization of light field display-camera configuration based on display properties in spectral domain,” Opt. Express, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 3067-3088, Feb. 2016
- S. Vagharshakyan, R. Bregović and A. Gotchev, “Tree-structured algorithm for efficient shearlet-domain light field reconstruction,” Proc. GSIP 2015: Symposium on Signal Processing on Graphics Processing Units and Multicores, Orland, Florida, pp. 478-482, Dec. 2015
- S. Vagharshakyan, R. Bregović and A. Gotchev, “Image based rendering technique via sparse representation in shearlet domain,” Proc. IEEE ICIP, Quebéc City, Canada, pp. 1379-1383, Sept. 2015
- P. T. Kovács, Zs. Nagy, A. Barsi, V.K. Adhikarla, R. Bregovic, “Proposal for additional features and future research to support light-field video compression”, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG2013/m37434, Geneva, Switzerland, Oct. 2015
- S. Vagharshakyan, A. Durmush, O. Suominen, R. Bregovic, A. Gotchev, “Accuracy Evaluation of a Linear Positioning System for Light Field Capture“, 7th Asian Conf. on intelligent Information and Database Systems, Bali, Indonesia, March 2015
- P. T. Kovács, K. Lackner, A. Barsi, Á. Balázs, A. Boev, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Measurement of Perceived Spatial Resolution in 3D Light-field Displays”, ICIP 2014, Paris, France, Oct. 2014
- P. T. Kovács, K. Lackner, A. Barsi, V. K. Adhikarla, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Analysis and Optimization of Pixel Usage of Light-field Conversion from Multi-Camera Setups to 3D Light-field Displays”, ICIP 2014, Paris, France, Oct. 2014
- P. T. Kovács, Zs. Nagy, A. Barsi, V. K. Adhikarla, R. Bregović, “Overview of the Applicability of H.264/MVC for Real-Time Light-Field Applications”, 3DTV-Con 2014, Budapest, Hungary, July 2014
- R. Bregović, P. T. Kovács, T. Balogh, A. Gotchev, “Display-specific light-field analysis”, Three-Dimensional Imaging, Visualization, and Display 2014 Conf., part of SPIE.DSS, Baltimore, USA, May 2014
- A. Boev and R. Bregović, “On the passband of head-parallax displays”, SPIE 9019, Image Processing: Algorithms and Systems XII, doi: 10.1117/12.2047705, San Francisco, USA, Feb. 2014
- P. T. Kovács, A. Boev, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Quality Measurements of 3D Light-Field Displays”, Eighth International Workshop on Video Processing and Quality Metrics for Consumer Electronics (VPQM 2014), Chandler, Arizona, USA, Jan. 2014
- A. Boev, R. Bregović, and A. Gotchev, “Signal processing for stereoscopic and multiview 3D displays,” chapter in Handbook of Signal Processing Systems, 2nd edition, edited by S. Bhattacharyya, E. Deprettere, R. Leupers, and J. Takala, Springer 2013, pp. 3-47.