Secondment to Holografika:
Atanas Boev was born in Varna, Bulgaria in 1976. He received his Master of Science Diploma in 2001 from Technical University of Varna, and his Doctoral degree in 2012 from Tampere University of technology.
From 2001 to 2002 we worked as researcher in the Institute of Communication Engineering in Tampere University of Technology. In 2003 and 2004 he was Marie Curie Research Fellow in Department of Signal Processing in the same university. From 2005 till present day he works as researcher in the same department. In 2013 he was a visiting researcher at Holografika KFT in Budapest, Hungary. His research interests are Subjective quality of stereoscopic video and algorithms for optimized visualization on autostereoscopic displays.
Contribution to Prolight-IAPP:
Calibration, measurement and quality evaluation of 3D displays (WP3)
- P. T. Kovács, K. Lackner, A. Barsi, Á. Balázs, A. Boev, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Measurement of Perceived Spatial Resolution in 3D Light-field Displays”, ICIP 2014, Paris, France, Oct. 2014
- K. Lackner, A. Boev, and A. Gotchev, “Binocular depth perception: Does head parallax help people see better in depth?“, 3DTV-Con 2014, Budapest, Hungary, July 2014
- A. Boev, “Passband measurement methodology for multiview 3D displays“, 3DTV-Con 2014, Budapest, Hungary, July 2014
- A. Boev and R. Bregović, “On the passband of head-parallax displays”, SPIE 9019, Image Processing: Algorithms and Systems XII, doi: 10.1117/12.2047705, San Francisco, USA, Feb. 2014
- P. T. Kovács, A. Boev, R. Bregović, A. Gotchev, “Quality Measurements of 3D Light-Field Displays”, Eighth International Workshop on Video Processing and Quality Metrics for Consumer Electronics (VPQM 2014), Chandler, Arizona, USA, Jan. 2014
- A. Boev, R. Bregović, and A. Gotchev, “Signal processing for stereoscopic and multiview 3D displays,” chapter in Handbook of Signal Processing Systems, 2nd edition, edited by S. Bhattacharyya, E. Deprettere, R. Leupers, and J. Takala, Springer 2013, pp. 3-47.